Change polling engine node assignments
- Moving or renaming your Orion server
- Deleting an existing polling engine
- Merging two or more Orion server
- Deploying Additional Polling Engines to distribute the load
To change the polling engine that polls a node:
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Locate the node using either of the following methods:
- Use the search tool above the node list to search your SolarWinds Orion database for the device you want to manage.
- Select a Group by criteria, and expand the group including the node to manage.
- Select the node for which you want to change the polling engine.
- Click More Actions, and click Change Polling Engine.
The current number of Assigned Objects is listed for each available polling engine. This number is updated with each automatic polling engine synchronization. Updates to the Assigned Objects count can only be completed for polling engines that are operationally up.
- Select the polling engine, and click Change Polling Engine.
The node will now be polled using the selected polling engine.