Move licenses: deactivate and re-activate
To move your main polling engine for an Orion Platform product to another server, you need to transfer the licenses to the new server. See the SolarWinds Migration Guide for more information about moving Orion Platform products.
You can only move licenses for product versions that were released during your maintenance period. To get a newer product version, renew your maintenance or re-license your product.
To move an Additional Polling Engine, Additional Web Server, or stackable polling engine license, install the polling engine or web server, and then assign the license to it.
- Prepare licenses to be moved.
- On the Orion server, open the Orion Web Console, and click Settings > All Settings > License Manager.
- Copy and paste your activation keys to a text file.
- Select the licenses, and click Deactivate.
- Prepare the new main polling engine.
- Install the new main polling engine on the new server.
- Add and activate the license keys.
- Uninstall the old main polling engine.