Virtual Machine Network Traffic Area Chart
Provides a chart of the network traffic on the selected virtual machine over a custom period of time. If the device is a VMware ESX Server, the total CPU consumption is shown as the sum of the CPU load due to each of the virtual machines on the ESX server.
Customize the chart
Drop-down menu options
To quickly modify the chart, select any of the following options from the drop-down menu:
- View chart data over the Last 7 Days
- View chart data over the Last 30 Days
- Select Edit Chart to open the Custom Chart page for customizing the presentation of this chart.
- View Chart Data as an HTML‑formatted document
- View Chart Data in Excel to see chart data in an Excel™‑compatible format
Custom Chart page
Click the chart to open the Custom Chart Page. This page shows the chart with a number of customization options in the Customize Chart area.
Click Edit to specify the chart title, subtitle, time period or sample interval shown in the chart.
Sample interval and time periods
- Each sample interval is represented by a bar. Data within a selected sample interval is summarized automatically.
- Some charts may not display due to large amounts of historical data or short sample intervals, and may decrease performance.