Troubleshoot wireless heat maps
If your wireless signal coverage on your wireless heat maps is not as expected, you can take the following troubleshooting measures.
- Make sure that the map scale you have entered is precise.
- Make sure that your access points are located correctly.
- Verify that signal samples are up-to-date.
- The signal samples stay in the map even after the device you measured the signal strength on moves away. If you change the position of your access points, or the dispositions of your office, the signal samples might not be accurate and could affect the calculated wireless heat map.
- Delete obsolete signal samples.
To delete a signal sample, open the wireless heat map in the Network Atlas, select the signal sample, and press the Delete key.
- Add new signal samples. See Improve the accuracy of wireless heat maps by taking samples of the signal strength on real devices.