Define how many traps to display, if you want to refresh the traps view, trap retention, and the information displayed in the Trap Viewer
- Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Syslog and SNMP Traps > Trap Viewer.
- Click File > Settings.
- On the General tab, configure the Trap server settings:
- Position the top slider to set the Maximum Number of Traps to Display in Current Traps View.
- If you want to Automatically Refresh the Current Traps View, select the option, and position the middle slider to set the refresh rate.
- Position the Retain Trap Messages For How Many Days slider to set the length of time that traps remain in the database.
- On the Displayed Columns tab, use the arrow keys to select and order the fields of information you want to see in the Current Traps view.
- If you do not need the domain name in your trap messages, select Remove Domain Name from DNS Lookups on the Message Parsing tab.
Selecting this option can slightly reduce the size of your database.