SNMP requirements for monitored devices
Consult your device documentation or a technical representative of your device manufacturer to acquire specific instructions for configuring SNMP on your device.
- SNMP must be enabled on all SNMP-capable devices you want to monitor.
- Monitored devices must allow access to the
SysObjectIDfor correct device identification.
- Unix‑based devices should use the configuration of Net-SNMP version 5.5 or later that is specific for the used Unix-based operating system.
- SolarWinds NPM can also monitor VMware ESX and ESXi Servers versions 4.0 and later with VMware Tools installed.
- If you want to poll a device with SNMPv2c enabled using SNMPv1, you must disable SNMPv2c on the device.