Send an SNMP trap
SNMP traps signal the occurrence of significant events by sending SNMP messages to a monitoring device. You can have an alert trigger this action to inform you of these events.
This action requires the following information:
- UDP port number
- SNMP version number
- SNMP credentials
- When editing or adding an alert, click Add Action in the Trigger or Reset Action section of the Alert Wizard.
- Select the Send SNMP Trap option, then click Configure Action.
- Under Send SNMP Trap Message:
Enter SNMP Trap Destinations in the field provided.
Multiple IP Addresses should be separated by commas or semicolons.
- Select a Trap Template from the drop down lists.
- Enter the Message of your alert trigger in the field provided.
- Optionally click Insert Variable to add variables using the following procedure:
- Expand SNMP Properties.
- Enter a UDP Port number in the field provided.
- Select an SNMP Version from the drop down list.
- Enter the SNMP Community String in the field provided.
Schedule the action by selecting Time of Day > Use special Time of Day schedule for this action. This schedule only applies to the alert action you are editing.
This is often used to prevent an action from occurring during specific windows.
Select how frequently this action occurs for each triggered alert in Execution Settings.
Click Add Action.
The action is added to the trigger or reset action list, and you can test the action using the Simulate button. When the trigger or reset conditions of the alert are met, the SNMP trap message is sent.