Quality of Experience Application Details
This resource provides QoE-related monitoring details for the viewed application. The listed details are configured when the application is initially selected for monitoring, but they may be changed.
The following procedure configures a monitored application.
- Click Manage.
- Applications are only listed if there are monitored nodes. You must first add a QoE Network or Server Sensor before you can enable any applications. For more information, see Common Packet Analysis Sensor deployment scenarios.
- Applications listed with the Enabled/Disabled toggle "ON" are currently being monitored on at least one node.
- Applications can be disabled (the Enabled/Disabled toggle "OFF") which means that no traffic for the application is currently collected on any node.
- Select the application you want to edit, and then click Edit.
- Edit the Application Name and Description, as desired.
- Using the Enabled toggle, confirm that the application is enabled.
- Select desired options for the Category, Risk Level, and Productivity Rating of the application.
- Edit the URL Filter, as needed.
The URL filter specifies the HTTP application traffic to monitor. Changing the hostname or URL conditions changes the provided example accordingly. For example, selecting Hostname contains changes the help text to
http://*...*/path/page.html. Any text you enter will be included in the filter where the ellipses (
…) appears, as indicated in the following example.
- Click Next.
- On the Configure Data Collection page, choose the node(s) you want to monitor for this type of traffic.
Only nodes that have already been specified as nodes to monitor on the Manage QoE Nodes page will appear in this list.
- Click Next.
- Review your choices on the Summary page, and then click Finish.