List of Virtual Machines Resource
This resource lists all virtual machines hosted by the selected ESX Server.
For each hosted virtual machine, this resource provides the following information:
- The local network Name of the hosted virtual machine.
- The operating system for the hosted virtual machine.
- The current operational state of the virtual machine.
VM State Corresponding VM Ware
Powered On Play Powered Off Stop Suspended Pause
- Memory Size indicates the amount of memory on the selected ESX server that is dedicated to the listed virtual machine.
- CPU Shares indicates the percentage of the total memory allocated by the selected ESX Server to all hosted virtual machines. For each listed virtual machine, the CPU share reported is the percentage of all memory allocated to hosted virtual machines allocated to the listed virtual machine.
- The current IP Address of the listed virtual machine.
- The current MAC Addresses assigned to the listed virtual machine.
View node details page for the VM
When a virtual machine is monitored in SolarWinds NPM, click its name opens the Node Details page.
Add VM to SolarWinds NPM for monitoring
When a virtual machine is not monitored by SolarWinds NPM, click its name to add the virtual machine to the SolarWinds Orion database as a node.