Deploy agents to nodes
Agents provide an additional method to poll devices that are part of a separate network or have intermittent connectivity to the network with your Orion server. SolarWinds Orion products support multiple methods of deploying agent software.
- Agents do not work with AppInsight for SQL in a clustered environment.
- Deployment to Raspberry Pi devices may take longer.
- Before you deploy agents, verify your global agent deployment settings.
Software deployment - Deploy the agent software from the Orion server to one or more client computers.
Manual deployment - Manually move the installer to the remote computer and then install and configure it locally.
Mass deployment - Mass deploy the agent software to multiple computers using a mass deployment technology, such as Group Policies, SolarWinds Patch Manager, or other automation software.
- Mass deploy an agent on Windows using MST files and a Group Policy
- Deploy agents on Linux-based computers through a repository
- Deploy with a Gold Master Image
- Deploy on Windows Core Servers
Cloud deployment - Deploy the agent to a computer in the cloud.
- Manually deploy an agent on Amazon Web Services
- Automatically deploy an agent to established instances on Amazon Web Services
- Automatically deploy Orion agent on Azure VMs
Windows Core requires specific setup before you can install the agent software.