Delete polling engines
If there are polling engines in your SolarWinds environment that have no assigned monitored objects, you can delete them from the Polling Engine details view.
- This method for deleting polling engines from your SolarWinds environment is only available for polling engines that no longer have objects assigned for monitoring.
- If you want to delete an existing polling engine to which monitored objects are currently assigned, use Node Management to reassign monitored objects to other polling engines, and delete the polling engine as indicated in this procedure.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Click Polling Engines in the Details group.
- Verify that the Elements listing for the polling engine you want to delete reports "0 elements assigned," and click Delete unused polling engine.
- Click Yes, delete to confirm the deletion.