You can create a custom resource based on a SWQL query in this resource. The query provided in this resource is run against your SolarWinds database, and the results are displayed in an appropriate grid.
If you have upgraded to Orion Platform version 2015.1.x or later, your custom SQL or SWQL query or filter may no longer work correctly. For a list of database changes from Orion Platform version 2014.2 to version 2017.1, including new tables, column changes, or data constraint or data type changes, see the Database Changes spreadsheet.
Configure a Custom Query resource
- Click Edit in the Custom Query resource.
- Enter a Title and Subtitle.
- Enter your custom SWQL query.
- For more information about creating valid custom SWQL queries, see Using SWQL (Semantic Web Query Language).
- Do not end your custom SWQL query with a comment. Closing your query with a comment may exclude the required query clauses that are automatically appended to your custom query. Those clauses ensure full resource functionality in the web console.
- Designate the Number of Rows Per Page in the resource.
If your query returns a large number of objects, you can decrease the load on your Orion server by breaking your results into pages. This setting indicates the number of objects the web console should display in the resource at a time.
- Click Submit.