Create a maintenance plan with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
For further information on using SQL server Management Studio, visit the Microsoft Support Website at http://support.microsoft.com.
- Your specific environment may require additional configuration.
- SolarWinds recommends that you contact your database administrator and reference the Microsoft documentation provided with SQL Server for instructions on using SQL Server Management Studio to manage your SolarWinds Orion database.
The following procedure clears historical maintenance records and creates a backup of your Orion database.
- Select you SolarWinds Orion database in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Start the Maintenance Plan Wizard.
The Maintenance Plans folder will only be visible if you have Administrator rights.
- Select the Clean Up History and Back Up Database (Full) tasks when available.
The following steps assume the Clean Up History task precedes the Back Up Database (Full) task.
- On the Define Cleanup History Task view, check the types of historical data to delete, and then set the threshold age for historical data removal.
- On the Database Back Up (Full) view select your Orion database.
- Select Database in the Backup component area, and choose Create a Backup File for Every Database in the Destination area.
- On the Select Plan Properties view, configure a job schedule.
- Complete the wizard.
Disclaimer: Please note, any content posted herein is provided as a suggestion or recommendation to you for your internal use. This is not part of the SolarWinds software or documentation that you purchased from SolarWinds, and the information set forth herein may come from third parties. Your organization should internally review and assess to what extent, if any, such custom scripts or recommendations will be incorporated into your environment. You elect to use third party content at your own risk, and you will be solely responsible for the incorporation of the same, if any.