Business related vs. social traffic
This resource provides a pie chart showing the types of application traffic the currently viewed node is routing. Application traffic is categorized in terms of productivity rating. Productivity ratings are listed in terms of either data volume or number of transactions. Application productivity ratings are assigned when the application is defined, and they may be changed, as indicated in the section Change an application productivity rating.
To view traffic data for all applications of any listed productivity rating, click the color corresponding to the desired productivity rating.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the chart Title and Subtitle, as appropriate.
- In the Data to summarize field, select the type of data by which you want to list productivity ratings (Data Volume or Number of Transactions).
- Select an appropriate value for the Selected time period.
This is the time period for which data is displayed in the resource.
- Click Submit to commit customizations.
Application productivity ratings are assigned when an application is initially defined, but they may also be changed at any time, as indicated in the following procedure.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Settings grouping, click QoE Settings.
- Click Manage QoE Applications.
- Applications are only listed if there are monitored nodes. You must first add a QoE Network or Server Sensor before you can enable any applications. For more information, see Common Packet Analysis Sensor deployment scenarios.
- Applications listed with the Enabled/Disabled toggle "ON" are currently being monitored on at least one node.
- Applications can be disabled (the Enabled/Disabled toggle "OFF") which means that no traffic for the application is currently collected on any node.
- Select the application you want to edit, and then click Edit.
- On the Configure Application view, edit the Productivity Rating as necessary, and then click Next.
- On the Configure Data Collection view, choose the node(s) you want to monitor for this type of traffic.
Only nodes that have already been specified as nodes to monitor on the Manage QoE Nodes page appear in this list.
- Click Next.
- Review your choices on the Summary page, then click Finish.