Add wireless access points
To generate a wireless heat map, add wireless access points used by client devices into the map.
- The wireless LAN controllers must already be managed in your Orion Platform product.
- Only Cisco controllers are supported.
- The wireless heat map poller must be enabled on the wireless LAN controllers that you use in the map.
To add wireless access points:
- Create a wireless heat map in the Network Atlas.
- Go to the navigation tree on the left of the Network Atlas main screen.
- Locate the wireless access points that you want to add to the map.
To find access points on a node, navigate to Orion Objects > vendor name, such as Cisco > appropriate node > Wireless Access Points.
- Drag the access points to their location on the map.
The selected access points will appear on the map. You can now generate the map.
To make the map more accurate, take signal samples.