Add nodes using Active Directory
Query your Active Directory Domain Controller to add nodes quickly and efficiently. Your Orion server can use the devices specified in AD instead of scanning every IP address in the subnet.
Create scheduled discoveries to discover and import any new servers and workstations that have been added to AD automatically.
- Click Settings > Network Discovery, and click Add New Discovery.
- On Network Selection, click Add Active Directory Controller to query.
- On the Add Active Directory DC pop-up, enter your domain controller’s IP address/hostname and credentials, and click Next.
- Select the organizational units (OUs) you want to scan for nodes, and click Finish.
By default, all OUs are selected, but only servers will be added. Add workstations by clearing the Import servers only check box below the OUs.
On the Network Selection page, you will see the OUs you have added. You can add additional AD controllers, or any other IP addresses that you need before continuing with discovery.
- Complete the Network Discovery.