Review access lists on ASA firewalls
To monitor access lists and access the ACL subview, you need NCM 7.7 installed.
See what ACLs are applied to what interfaces and review those ACLs.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console.
- On the Summary view, locate and click your ASA firewall node to go to the Node Details view.
- Click the Access Lists tab.
If you have NCM installed, you can compare the configuration of access lists. Click Compare ACL to go to the NCM resource.
Why is heat count 0?
Heat count informs you how many times an access list rule is applied.
Heat count 0 might have the following reasons:
- The rule is contained in another rule.
- The rule is a duplicate of another rule.
- The IP address was not used in the past month.
If a rule has heat count of 0, take a look at your environment and consider deleting or rewriting it.
Object groups are groups created and configured in the Cisco management user interface, and displayed in the Orion Web Console. These groups can summarize IP addresses or any other objects.