Promote a node from ICMP to WMI monitoring
If you added a node which supports WMI to the SolarWinds Orion database as an ICMP only node, you can change the polling method to WMI to start collecting additional statistics.
Different polling methods return different types of data. When you change the polling method, historical data that can no longer be polled are deleted.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Locate the device to promote.
- Select the node, and click Edit Properties.
- In Polling Method, select Windows Servers: WMI and ICMP.
- Provide existing WMI credentials, or create new credentials, and click Test.
- To change the default polling settings for the node, edit the Node Status Polling or Collect Statistics Every values in the Polling area.
- If you have defined any custom properties for monitored nodes, provide the values for the promoted node in the Custom Properties fields.
- Click Submit.
- If you have successfully added the node, click OK.
The Node Status Polling value refers to the period of time, in seconds, between the node status checks Orion performs on the promoted node. The Collect Statistics Every value refers to the period of time between updates Orion makes to displayed statistics for the promoted node.