Network Sonar Results Wizard
After conducting a network discovery, the Network Sonar Results Wizard aids you in determining exactly which devices, interfaces, and volumes you want to add to the SolarWinds Orion database for monitoring.
Select the devices you want to monitor, and click Next.
- Selecting or clearing the box in the table header selects or clears, respectively, all devices.
- Discovered devices listed as Unknown may not have SNMP enabled. ICMP‑only devices that are discovered are listed as Unknown.
Select the interfaces you want to monitor in the List of Interfaces, and click Next.
Selecting or clearing the box in the table header selects or clears, respectively, all interfaces.
Adjust selection criteria as necessary and click Reselect Interfaces to apply the criteria in the List of Interfaces.
You can also select interfaces that share certain properties, such as Interface Type, Name or Node Name.
Specify what interfaces yow want to select
- Click Advanced filtering options.
- Use the boxes to specify the what interfaces you want to import. Use available properties and key words the values should include. You can for example define nodes on which the interfaces should be.
- To add another condition the interfaces should meet, click the plus icon, and define the condition.
- Click Reselect Interfaces.
Select the volumes you want to monitor, and click Next.
Review the devices to be imported, make sure that correct devices, interfaces, and volumes are listed, and click Import.
You can also define nodes or interfaces that will not be monitored. See Minimize SNMP processing load during discoveries using the Discovery Ignore List.
The Results view provides a real-time log of your network discovery import.
Click Finish to open the Network Summary Home view.