In/Out Errors and Discards Chart
Provides a chart of both received and transmitted errors and discards for a selected interface on a selected node over a customizable time period.
Customize the chart
Drop-down menu options
To quickly modify the chart, select any of the following options from the drop-down menu:
- View chart data over the Last 7 Days
- View chart data over the Last 30 Days
- Select Edit Chart to open the Custom Chart page for customizing the presentation of this chart.
- View Chart Data as an HTML‑formatted document
- View Chart Data in Excel to see chart data in an Excel™‑compatible format
Custom Chart page
Click the chart to open the Custom Chart Page. This page shows the chart with a number of customization options in the Customize Chart area.
Click Edit to select the chart type, time period or sample interval shown in the chart. See Edit resource for information about further customization options.
Sample interval and time periods
- Each sample interval is represented by a bar. Data within a selected sample interval is summarized automatically.
- Some charts may not display due to large amounts of historical data or short sample intervals, and may decrease performance.
Display calculated lines
Add lines to the chart representing important values so that you know at first sight when the values are getting near to an important level.
Click Edit, select a line, and submit your changes. The lines will be displayed in the chart.
Select Show a Trend Line to display a line representing potential future results. This line is extrapolated from collected historical data, and is thus only an approximate prediction of future data.
Trend lines on charts are intended as approximate predictions of future data. This is because there are many reasons that can affect the performance of devices on your network.
Select Show the 95th Percentile line to include a line marking the 95th percentile for the data collected over the indicated time period.