Forecast capacity for nodes, interfaces, or volumes
Consult graphs or tables to see usage trends of devices on your network, and find out when the capacity of the devices will be fully used.
Locate pending capacity problems
Consult the Top XX Capacity Problems resource to see a list of objects whose usage trend is rising.
If the resource is not in a view, add it.
See Top Capacity Problems in the webhelp.
View capacity usage trends and forecast in graphs
To see a graphical display of capacity usage trends, go to the details view for the node, volume, or interface, and consult the forecast chart:
- CPU Capacity Forecast Chart
- Memory Capacity Forecast Chart
- Storage Capacity Forecast Chart
- Interface Utilization Receive Forecast Chart
- Interface Utilization Transmit Forecast Chart
View capacity usage trends and forecast in tables
For a brief overview of usage trends for a node, volume, or interface, go to the details view for the object, and consult the resource:
- Node Capacity provides an overview of both CPU load and percent memory usage in the past 6 months, a forecast when the warning and critical thresholds will be exceeded, and when the resource will be fully used.
- Volume Capacity provides an overview of volumes capacity usage in the past 6 months, a forecast when the warning and critical thresholds will be exceeded, and when the volume capacity will be fully used.
Forecasts in this resource are calculated using the default method (peak or average) specified for the resource.
Capacity forecasting resources display only on views for which they are relevant. For example, interface utilization resources can only be added on interface detail views.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console and go to the view where you want to add the resource.
- Click Customize Page in the top right corner.
- Click the + icon on the Customize page, and type "forecast" or "capacity" into the Search field.
- Select the resource, and click Add Selected Resources.
- Click Done to add the resource on the view.
- Click Submit. The resources will now appear on the view.