Update Orion Platform products to use the new database
After you have restored your SolarWinds Orion database backup file on the new server, you must update the database location for the Orion server to access the restored database on the new database server.
SolarWinds recommends that you use SQL Server Authentication with the
sa login and password to ensure that Orion can always access the SolarWinds Orion database, even if it is hosted remotely on a separate server.
- Log in to your Orion server.
- Start the Configuration Wizard in the SolarWinds Orion > Configuration and Auto-Discovery program folder.
- Select Database, and click Next.
- Specify your new database server in the SQL Server field.
- To use SQL authentication, select Use SQL Server Authentication, provide the credentials, and click Next.
- Select Use an Existing Database, select or type the existing database name, and click Next.
- If you are prompted to use the existing database, click Yes.
- Select Create a New Account, and provide a New Account name.
- Creating a new account ensures that Orion has required access to your migrated database.
- The New Account must be a member of the
sysadminrole and the
sauser account are always members of
- Provide and confirm an account Password, and click Next.
- Click Finish to exit the Configuration Wizard.