Poll and rediscover devices immediately
Orion Platform products regularly poll devices for statistics and status, as specified in the Polling Settings. Discoveries run according to a schedule.
Use the Rediscover option to update node data that do not change often, such as machine type, system name, or location.
You can poll a device or rediscover a node manually at any time.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Select the entity you want to poll or rediscover.
- To poll the selected entity, click Poll Now.
- To rediscover the selected entity, click More > Rediscover.
Your Orion Platform polls the entity, or rediscovers static data.