Allow access to restricted Report Writer reports
SolarWinds Report Writer reports respect Orion Web Console account limitations. For security, reports are not available to users with limited accounts unless an SolarWinds Orion administrator specifically provides access.
For more information, see Create users and Restrict user access to network areas by applying limitations.
- Open the Orion Reports folder.
All reports created or predefined in Report Writer are, by default, stored, in
- Create a new folder using the name of the account‑limited user.
- Copy the reports you want the account‑limited user to see from the Orion Reports folder into the new, account‑limited user folder.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Click Manage Accounts in the Accounts grouping of the Orion Website Administration page.
- Select the account‑limited user, and then click Edit.
- In the Reports section, select the Orion Reports folder you created in the Report Limitation Category list.
- Click Submit.