Deploy the agent manually to a Windows computer
Selecting this deployment method may be helpful to troubleshoot connectivity issues with the Orion server. This method is also helpful when the Orion server cannot communicate directly with the computer where the agent will be installed.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click Agent Settings > Download Agent Software.
- Click Windows, and click Next.
- Click Install Manually, and click Next.
- Click Download MSI.
- Copy the MSI file to the client machine, and run it.
- In the Installation wizard, select Agent Initiated Communication or Orion Server Initiated Communication.
- Enter the Orion server IP address or hostname, and the SolarWinds Orion administrator account credentials.
- Optional: For Server-initiated communication (passive), in the Orion Web Console click Settings > All Settings > Node & Group Management > Manage Agents > Add Agent > Connect to a previously installed agent > Next. Enter the name, IP address, and port number for the agent and click Server-initiated communication.
When installation is successful and communication between the agent and the Orion server is successful, the agent is listed on the Manage Agents page.