Create limitations based on custom properties
You can define the part of a monitored network that users can access based on custom properties, and create custom limitations. Custom limitations are added to the list of available limitation types that you can apply on individual user accounts. After you create the limitation, you must edit accounts to use the limitation, and then select how the account is restricted.
- Before you start, plan how you want to limit the user access, and create custom properties.
- This procedure requires access to the computer that hosts the Orion server.
- Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Grouping and Access Control > Account Limitation Builder.
- Click Start on the splash screen.
- Click Add Limitation.
- Select a Custom Property. The fields are populated automatically based on your selection.
- Choose a Selection Method.
This is the selection format that will appear when you are choosing values for the account limitation in the Orion Web Console.
Pattern matching is the most powerful selection, but it is also the selection most prone to errors when restricting access and impacts performance.
- Click OK.
Your account limitation is added to the top of the table view. You may now apply the limitation on user accounts to restrict user access to monitored objects in the Orion Web Console.