Configure automatic login
Use a Windows Active Directory Account
Create users based on active directory or local domain accounts, and enable automatic login for users logged in to the server. See Create users based on existing Active Directory or local domain accounts.
Windows authentication must be enabled in the Configuration Wizard and the Web Console Settings. See Enable Windows Authentication with Active Directory.
Automatically log in with Windows Pass-through Security
Users can be authenticated through Windows Security, with no need to log in with separate credentials. For more information, see Log in with Windows pass-through security.
Share content to non-SolarWinds users with the DirectLink account
If the DirectLink account is active, any URL referring directly to an Orion Web Console page will bypass the login page by logging the user into the DirectLink account. See Share views with non-Orion Web Console users.
Pass-through user credentials in a URL
Users are authenticated in the following priority:
- Windows Active Directory Authentication when enabled
- The Account or User ID and Password passed on the URL
- The Account or User ID and Password entered on the login.aspx page
- The Windows User if Pass-through Security is enabled
- The Windows Domain to which the User belongs, for example,
- A DirectLink Account