Poll ESX hosts controlled by vCenter servers directly
If your VMware ESX hosts are controlled by VMware vCenter servers, Orion Platform products obtain the status of the ESX hosts from the vCenter server.
To poll the ESX servers directly, change the Poll Through setting of the ESX host.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Product-Specific Settings grouping, click Virtualization Settings > VMware Settings.
- Select the ESX hosts you want to poll directly.
- Click Poll Through > Poll ESX server directly.
On the VMWare Settings page, you can also disable and enable polling for ESX hosts and vCenter servers.