Place nodes automatically on the Worldwide Map
If your devices contain information about their location in the OpenStreetMap format, they can be added into the Worldwide Map resource automatically.
You can specify the position for automatic geolocation with custom properties. See Place objects into the map using custom properties.
Objects with the same position appear as one location in the map.
To verify whether the automatic placement of objects is enabled:
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Product Specific Settings, click Web Console Settings.
- Scroll down to Worldwide Map Settings and make sure Automatic Geolocation is selected.
Locations will display in the Worldwide Map resource within an hour after you select this option.
- Click Submit to apply the current settings.
Automatic geolocation does not change locations for manually placed objects. If you move an automatically placed location, its position will not be updated if you change the values for longitude and latitude.
In what format should the location on a Cisco device be configured?
You can use any format the mapquest API is able to parse.
|city (AA5), state (AA3)||city (AA5), state (AA3)|
|city, state, postalCode||Lancaster, PA, 17601|
|street, city, state||300 Granite Run Dr, Lancaster, PA|
|street, city, state, postalCode||300 Granite Run Dr, Lancaster, PA, 17601|
|street, postalCode||300 Granite Run Dr, 17601|